- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Very basic understanding of HTML (any maybe) CSS should help, but you can understand the course without that as well.
- A free text editor - notepad, Atom editor, Brackets editor, Visual Studio (I'll be using this one in the course)
- Anyone who'd like to pad their resume with a new skill
- Web designers who'd like to get into development
This course will be useful for both beginners to the world of programming and programmers who already know other programming languages.
Every concept is taught through a wealth of over-the-shoulder examples so you understand the concepts better.
Why should you choose our course?
1. We like to be thorough in our teaching. Every beginner topic covered in this course will cover everything you need to know about that particular topic. You won’t have to look anywhere else.
2. We strongly advocate learning by doing, rather than just listening or reading. Our lectures are filled with a wealth of examples that explain every concept clearly.
4. We prefer creating fun projects to explain the concepts and to keep things interesting as well. You’ll learn how to apply the concepts you learn in the course in the real world projects and examples.
What Will I Get ?
- Information storage using variables and constants (both ES5 & ES6 methods)
- Using the console to debug your code, check errors and retrieve intermediate outputs
- Various ways to show outputs and get inputs from the users
- What are template strings (backticks) and when & how to use them
- Working with strings and applying the various pre-defined string methods available to you on them
- Creating numbers and manipulating them with a range of pre-defined number methods
- Creating conditions using the if and switch statements
- Creating loops using the for, while and do while loops and applying the break and continue statements on them
- Creating both 1D and 2D arrays for varied storage and applying various pre-defined array methods on them
- Working with dates and the Math object
- Retrieving various HTML elements and manipulating them
- Manipulating the CSS styles of various elements
- Using event handlers to create an action-reaction effect in your web pages
- Where To
- Variables, Let & Const
- Data Types
- Strings, String Methods, String Search & String templates
- Numbers & Number Methods
- Arrays, Array methods, Array sort, Array Iteration & Array const
- Dates, Date formats, Date get methods & Date set methods
- If…Else…Else If
- Type Conversion
- Regular Expressions (RegExp)
- Strict Mode
- this keyword
- Arrow Functions
- Style Guide
- Best Practices
- Reserved words
- Skill Test